The 15th edition of the Frankfurt Investment Arbitration Moot Court took place in Frankfurt from 27 to 30 June 2023.
After the Moot Court could only be held virtually for the past two years due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we were delighted to be able to hold it again in person in Frankfurt this year. The Moot Court was held at the offices of Freshfields, Jones Day, K&L Gates, McDermott, Noerr, White & Case, and the Max Planck Institute for Legal History and Legal Theory.
The Moot brought together 32 teams from 19 jurisdictions, representing around 120 students, as well as over 80 coaches and arbitrators.
The following teams qualified for the elimination rounds:
- Symbiosis Law School, Pune, Symbiosis International University (winner)
- Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität Munich (finalist)
- Nalsar University of Law (semifinalist)
- National University of Singapore (semifinalist)
- Tsinghua University (round of 8)
- University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Laws (round of 8)
- University of Vienna (round of 8)
- West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (round of 8)
- Bar Ilan University (round of 16)
- Goethe University Frankfurt (round of 16)
- King’s College London (round of 16)
- Koç University (round of 16)
- La Statale University (Milan) (round of 16)
- Nagoya University (round of 16)
- National Institute University Bhopal (round of 16)
- Singapore Management University (round of 16)
The final panel was comprised of Dr. habil. Claudia Annacker (Partner, Dechert, Paris), Professor Mathias Wolkewitz (Senior Vice President & General Counsel, Wintershall Dea AG) and Dr. Jaroslav Kudrna (Head of the International Arbitration and Investment Protection Univ, Ministry of Finance of the Czech Republic).
It was supported by:
Arbitration Institutions and Organisations
Law and Expert Firms