Pre-moots for the 2017/2018 Frankfurt Investment Arbitration Moot Court were held on:
- 10 February 2018 in Moscow, Russia (hosted by the Arbitration Center at the Institute of Modern Arbitration);
- 19 February 2018 in Geneva, Switzerland (hosted by LALIVE);
- 22 February 2018 in Hong Kong (hosted by the HKIAC);
- 23 February 2018 in Paris, France (hosted by the ICC);
- 28 February 2018 in Washington, D.C., USA (hosted by McDermott).
Mandatory national rounds for India were held in Mumbai, India (hosted by NILS in cooperation with the MCIA) on 20 January 2018. Per the rules for the Moot, only the best six teams were allowed to proceed to the international rounds in Frankfurt.