Pre-moots for the 2016/2017 Frankfurt Investment Arbitration Moot Court were held on:
- 10-11 February 2017 in Moscow, Russian Federation (hosted by the Arbitration Center and Debevoise & Plimpton LLP);
- 15 February 2017 in Washington, D.C. (hosted by McDermott Will & Emery);
- 16-17 February 2017 in Hong Kong, Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China (hosted by the HKIAC);
- 20 February 2017 in Paris, France (hosted by the ICC);
- 24-25 February 2017 in Stockholm, Sweden (hosted by Uppsala University, the SCC and MSA).
Mandatory national rounds for India were held in Mumbai, India (hosted by NILS in cooperation with the MCIA) on 29 January 2017. Per the rules for the Moot, only the best six teams were allowed to proceed to the international rounds in Frankfurt.